Friday, January 30, 2009

The Couch or A Throne?

OK, so my puppy Ruger just discovered that he is big enough to jump up on our couch. Well I am firm believer that couches are for people and dogs can sit beside them but not on them. Well, Ruger and I have been battling with this one. He will jump up on the couch and sit there looking at me like he is "the king of the world." Sometimes I cant help but laugh, but other times I get very frustrated. He will jump up on the couch and I will tell him "NO." He will get down and then turn right around and jump up on my couch again. This has been an ongoing battle between us for the last couple of days. I am not sure how to keep him down. I believe that he thinks it is his right to be on my couch whenever he likes.
Now, Lexie has never been on our couch and when I had her as a puppy she never attempted to jump on the couch. When Ruger jumps up on the coush she will look at me with this look like "He is one the couch again and I am sitting here on the floor. What is going on here?" I just look at her and tell her good girl and then begin the disciplining with Ruger. LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Since I am so good at training a dog, I will help you out with this one. I just wish every dog was as well behaved as Samson. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain Ruger sees this as his throne and not merely a sofa!! But, who's the leader of the pack here??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete