Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Full of Joy: Full of Sadness

Tyrel made it HOME yesterday!!!! Whahoooo!!!! It was wonderful hanging out with him last night. We ordered pizza and sat on the couch for a few hours just cuddling. It was so nice to have him in the house again. Its like getting to know the person again that you know so well....i know that is a funny statement, but what an exciting adventure. We didnt talk much because we were both litterly exsausted and just enjoyed being in each others prescene. My heart is overwhelmed with joy right now. He had to go into work today and I will be headed into work this evening. It was hard telling him bye this morning for the day, even though I know I will see him tonight. lol. Even though I am full of joy my heart is also full of saddness today. My mom is at the hospital in out-patient surgery this morning recieving her port for the chemo and then this afternoon she will have her first round of chemo. As you read on Randi's blog the time line of her treatment, mom will have 16 weeks of chemo, then surgey and then 6 and half weeks of radiation. This road is a long one. I have and have had peace and understanding within me since this last weekend. The little time I spoke with Suzy Jeffrey at church was such a blessing. Her words were words of understanding and encouragement. God knew I needed to speak with her and when I was done talking to her I was renewed and had the strength to move ahead. God is so good. He always sends you the words and people that will reboost your soul. I am also, strengthened by my husband. He has learned more about me while going through this and he is so sweet and tenderhearted towards me. And trust me when I say that can be VERY tough at times when I let my emotions speak through me. I am not always the nicest person. lol Tyrel and I are ready to fight this cancer as a team united. He helps me strive to be a better daughter with more understanding. I cant tell you in words how grateful to God I am. God knows the overwhelming joy in my heart to have Tyrel by my side as we stand behind my parents cheering them on with encouragement, laughter, tears, and open ears to listen with. My heart is heavy today for my parents as they begin a long tough, grueling journey for them physically, but my heart is also at complete peace knowing that God was, is and always will be there for them. This journey, as tough as it is, is small in comparison to God's power and love. Thank you all for your prayers for Tyrel's homecoming and thank you all for praying for my parents.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Taylor,
    I'm sure the emotions you are feeling are pretty intense! I am so thankful that Tyrel is home with you and you have his shoulder to lean on. I admire your faith and courage you've had for the past several months with Tyrel being gone and that you will continue to have during this time of uncertainty with your mom! My constant prayer for you is that God will keep your heart full of the kind of peace that only He can give. Let me know if I can help you! Love you!
    -Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Taylor! How do I possibly deserve you and Randi as daughters? You have a tender, moldable heart that God uses all the time! He uses it towards your husband in the deep love you show for Tyrel, in your occupation, He uses it as ministry, as you care for patients that even some nurses won't touch! Your heart is tender toward Randi & Eric as they care for the boys; and your love for Cason and Braden is so, so sweet!

    I know your heart is torn. I'm begging God to fill it with JOY and PEACE and LAUGHTER. And, not let this interfere with those gifts from him. I know these thoughts won't leave your minds completely, because you love us so! But, don't let the sorrow rule the day. Joy and Thanksgiving RULES today! Tyrel has had a deployment with heavy-duty rammifications and will be blessed by the JOY of being with you. There will be day to discuss me again, BUT NOT TODAY! So tonight and tomorrow as your travel, laugh, tell your stories and get caught up with each other. Lean on others to care for us right now, so you can rest in the Lord with your husband. This is my desire for you two. Then when you get here, HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. I'm talking a MARINE HUG! Ooh Rah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, Taylor, Taylor, I believe you said you were not a writer...I stand ready to correct you on this one, sweet sister! You are a wonderful communicator!

    I know your heart is heavy and yet full of deep joy at the return of the love of your life! Only our sweet Lord can help you handel both of those emotions at the same time. I think I am at a stage of life where I take great comfort in the fact that God is never surprised...not like He is having to say...wow! I did not realize that Taylor was going to have to have two extreme emotions at the same time! He knew,He knows and He longs to be known!

    Looking forward to your Texas return...expect blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you Taylor, and for Tyrel. It is so difficult to see someone you love in such a place as your mom is. But, you are a strong lady...I've known that since I first met you so many years ago. God is going to fight the battle...and I truly believe your mom is going to be victorious in this fight against cancer. I will be standing in the gap praying for each of you and please know that you are in my heart. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you, Tyrel, and your whole family right now! During our hardest times God always is the one and only true peace giver. He is our Wonderful Counselor and we are so blessed to have Him. I do not know how others go through hard times without leaning on Him. I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete